The Shire Conveyancer Is Here To Help All First Home Buyers
Are you looking at buying your first home ? whether it be a unit or house we are here to support you through the process giving sound professional advice.
It is important before going property shopping you should familiarise yourself with government grants that may be available to you and their criteria. This can be found on the government website https://www.revenue.nsw.gov.au/taxes-duties-levies-royalties/transfer-duty/first-home-buyers or by calling our friendly staff.
It is important you surround yourself with professionals for accurate expert advise in various areas. Below is a list of the people you should be aware of and how they can assist
- Conveyancer CPC to review your contract and advise you BEFORE signing as well as throughout the transaction and what grants may be available to you
- Mortgage Broker/ banker – to assist with financing the purchase . to advise how much you can purchase for and the banks rules and requirements
- Real Estate Agent to assist in finding your dream home
- Property inspector if buying a unit you will need a strata report or if a house pest and building
- When purchasing you may need to pay Stamp Duty which is dependant on your purchase price. This is the direct link to Revenue NSW stamp duty calculator
There are currently as at January 2020, 2 schemes as a first home buyer you may be eligible for either one or both
- First Home Owners Grant (New Homes) which is a lump sum on settlement only for new homes
- First Home Buyers Assistance Scheme available for established and new properties depending on the purchase price
If you are unsure or have further questions please call our friendly staff who are all too willing to answer all your questions.